Windows 10 Slow After an Update? Here's How You Can Fix It

Windows 10 Slow After an Update? Here's How You Can Fix It

Looking for:

Why do windows updates download so slow free. Slow download/install of upgrades 













































   

 

Why do windows updates download so slow free -



 

Manually deleting large files is time-consuming and tedious, so using cleanup software is a great solution. A disk management program such as EaseUS Partition Master Suite can help you automatically delete huge files from your computer. Another reason for the slow download speed is that your system has corrupted drivers.

Windows updates take time to download if your hard drive is fragmented or has many almost-full segments. Some of these factors can make Windows update take forever. Here are a few things to keep in mind. Make sure to update your system drivers after a certain timeframe. If you have a relatively recent version of Windows, updating your drivers should be a breeze. Can I stop a Windows update in progress? Fortunately, you can! You can disable automatic maintenance, roll back to a previous version, or even power off your computer entirely to avoid having to go through the process again.

Hopefully, these steps will help you stop a Windows update in progress. When the update is stuck, you should wait a couple of hours and try again. If your system is slow, you may want to consider switching off your computer and reconnecting via a wired or wireless network.

If your machine is not ready to wait, you can go cut the grass or watch a movie. Fortunately, there are several ways to speed up the process. Regardless of how you speed up the installation process, modern hardware can help. If you have any problems during the installation process, follow these tips to make the process faster.

First, deferring the download is one option. Typically, the download process takes several hours, and many of the updates come with large files. If your internet connection is slow, this is even worse. Likewise, updates take up a lot of space on your hard drive. Remove any old files or software that are taking up space before the update starts. The installation process can take up to two hours. The most frustrating part of the whole process is the feeling of frustration and helplessness while your machine hangs.

And even when there is enough connectivity, if it takes hours to complete an update, you have to wait even longer. If this is the case, you should try to find an alternative way to install the update. Some are minor, while others are massive. Either way, they can cause a serious headache for users. Especially when a Windows update is taking hours, you might need to do something else while you wait.

A slow internet connection or several users updating at the same time can cause the update to take hours. Do you ever experience stuck updates on your PC? These can happen just before a work meeting or your shift begins. Before you panic and switch off your device, take a deep breath and assess the situation. While some updates are large, others can take hours to download.

As such, you should leave your PC alone while it completes its task. Try defragging it before you attempt to run the update. One of the reasons is that Windows 10 requires a larger update than Windows 11 and vice versa. However, the software giant says it has developed technologies that reduce the size and time of Windows 11 updates by 40 percent. It takes me the entire day and night to get this done at my end. I have so many Windows to Update at my end. Microsoft, come on. Can you please do something.

This is way too much for us to handle the situation our end. Attachments: Up to 10 attachments including images can be used with a maximum of 3. Thank you for bringing this up. My problem with this is that my PC becomes almost completely unresponsive during the update installation.

I know Windows is installing an update just by noticing how unresponsive the machine is, and when I check, sure enough, Windows is at work. It is truly ridiculous that an update takes this much time, and has this much computational cost as well!!! I really don't get it!! Sometimes the updates are long and slow, like the one for if you had a much older version.

Except network factors, firewalls, hard drives also could cause the slow updates. Could you tell me which version of your Windows 10? Make sure your computer does not have any third-party anti-virus software installed to eliminate the third-party problems. Besides, if all the methods you had try and still update slowly, you could feedback this situation to Microsoft via Feedback Hub app.

I have the same complaint. The download speed is extremely slow. My internet isn't the fastest in the world but is 20 mbs. MS download for cumulative update is a few mbs at best.

I'm outside my 'Active hours' so that shouldn't be an issue. What is even worse is that after it downloads it evidently it downloads it again to compare it. This is wouldn't comparing the hash on both sides suffice? Maybe their server is just always swamped and it can't do any better. After all MS is very poor and can't afford modern technology.

Biden probably needs to give them a couple of trillion dollars to update their infrastructure. Several years ago I switched to Linux Mint and happy with it, but will admit that some of their updates download too slow but not as slow as MS and Linux only downloads it once, not twice. Same problem here on Windows 10 - average download speed: Thats a joke. Same problem here. No results from troubleshooter. Fast SSD. Manual downloads also pretty fast. To MS engineers, Installing the updates can take serveral hours, while installing the windows itself takes only 20 min.

Are you actually do some secret tasks behind the scene when updating? Or are you actually able to understand what is the root cause in your product? I believe Microsoft with many talent engineers should understand the problem, don't you? Users like me just want to know why it takes hours to start the computer when we just need to open a doc file for some very urgent work which should consume 5 min.

In linux we can upgrade the system while still using it, isn't it too hard to implement? As a network administrator, I run updates on over a dozen servers every month.

This was also the same with Windows R2. I agree. This is downright stupid. I can see a lot of people not updating as needed because people dont want to wait days just to get updated. Windows 10 sucks. I want my windows 8.

 


Why do windows updates download so slow free.Windows 10, very slow download of updates



 

You currently have javascript disabled. Several functions may not work. Why do windows updates download so slow free re-enable javascript to access full functionality.

Posted 03 September - PM. I have asked this question before, I think in Winddows, but perhaps because I did not describe it adequately I never got a really satisfactory answer. Linked on home WiFi network, downpoad smartphone and printer, but that's probably irrelevant for my question. Today I installed the "optional" CU Preview for both systems, starting the laptop first, the desktop 5 minutes later.

To answer the obvious question, I do have a slow Internet connection. I measured it with WiFiman during the download -- it was right around 1.

The desktop took 2 hours why do windows updates download so slow free for the whole process; the laptop about ten minutes longer. Still exasperatingly slow. There was nothing else going on, at least not of my doing, during all of this. Perhaps the most exasperating feature is that the computer will sit there for half an hour or more, with HDD d continuously, but downnload ANY progress on the download or install percentage displays.

I should add that the last why do windows updates download so slow free downlooad occurred, a couple of weeks ago or so, I updages Task Manager to see what all that hard disk activity was about. Zlow most dominant thing going on there it fluctuates from second to second, but the hard disks of both computers are going continuously during this whole process was the installer for MS Slpw -- which I was not using, but perhaps it needed updating?

At any rate it fred well monopolized the HDD of the desktop for most of the 3 hours plus on that occasion. I don't think the slow Internet is dl whole problem here -- the computers spend most of their time, while supposedly downloading or installing software, showing no progress at all on the percent scales -- but with hard disk going full tilt. Posted 04 September - AM. If your internet is sl slow, I would not update both at the same time as they are going to be sharing the bandwidth and slowing each other down.

Better to do one at a time and let it have full access to what bandwidth is available. I notice these two have hard drive's, if you get SSD's for both, installing updates will upeates a lot faster. Your internet speed is horrible!!!! And 10 is a pig of an OS that why do windows updates download so slow free forever to update even on a good machine. If Doo don't читать right away it's because I'm waiting for Windows 10 to Update.

Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting ddo for your problem by one of us. PM me or a moderator to reactivate. We like to know! Thank you! You have very slow internet, any update will take some serious time.

Only update one windowd at a time. Linux User and Windows 10 Alow. These are intended for the benefit of sysadmins who have the joy of managing updates across a flock of computers so that they have a chance to check that none of these updates are going to break every computer in their care - simultaneously! You lose nothing by not installing the optional pre-view as the final version will be installed on. You have my sympathy about your download performance, I thought that the c5Mbps we were getting from our feee ISP was bad!

Updatex you have the option I would consider changing my ISP but then, in the highly competitive US broadband market at least why do windows updates download so slow free to the various updafesyou may well not have a choice. Posted 04 September - PM. Wow, and I thought Australia had poor internet speeds.

If I noted updatrs Internet speed either Up or Down drop windosw to 1Mbps the first thing I'd do is get on the phone to my internet provider. In fact, I'd be screaming bloody murder even if it dropped down to 10x that. If that's par for you in the afternoons then you have serious Internet issues. Contact your ISP or sack them and connect with someone that can give you a realistic performance is my advice.

Are you connecting windosw your router with WiFi or cabled? If WiFi try using an ethernet cable direct from the computer to your router. As mentioned by others, your Internet speeds are almost certainly the source of all of your woes. The wild HDD activity you're noticing could easily be put down to constant retries of downloading incomplete packets of data and effectively not getting anywhere, updtaes Windows trying to get confirmation from как сообщается здесь update server that a download had completed and not being able to receive a response before it times out, so then it starts all over again, ending up in a loop and looking like nothing is happening.

Your issues are highly unlikely to be a result of computer problems. Resolving your internet speed issues should be your top priority IMO. I why do windows updates download so slow free in the middle of New Mexico, many miles from the nearest city. I live literally in the middle of farm land and surrounded by Mesas and rivers and my internet speed is Mbps. I could not live with a 1 Mbps connection. I'm well aware that updating rfee computers at once would be expected to slow things down -- especially given my slos Internet wibdows.

The curious thing is that I've done it both ways, and this time when I did them together it actually went faster than on other occasions when I did them separately non-overlapping -- at an Internet speed even slower than that observed on other occasions. It would also, unfortunately, put a hole in my pocketbook I cannot at the moment afford. I do not normally install the "preview" versions of any CU, for the reasons Chris has stated.

Not quite sure why I did it this time. Not losing marbles, I hope, but something not computer related did happen that shook them up a bit. I normally put my desktop computer to sleep when I quit for the day -- or it goes to sleep automatically after a certain time of inactivity.

In the middle of the night during "inactive" hours it wakes up to download and install any pending updates but not "optional" or "preview" ones and then goes back to sleep. Easy to set up, and saves a lot of bother.

Not so why do windows updates download so slow free laptop, which is mostly asleep with lid closed, so cannot wake up to auto-install pending updates.

So every few days I have why do windows updates download so slow free wake it up and let it install what it needs -- don't want to get behind on MS Defender definitions. As for the Internet speeds, I live in a very rural location with limited Internet options -- and I have a very limited budget. I am in frequent contact with my ISP I played some role in setting up this system. Speeds are usually almost normal in the forenoon, decline in the afternoon, and are next to nonexistent in the evening.

I tried to post the original version of this message half an hour ago. I found out afterwards that it did not post, and the autosaved content included only about half updaets what I had written. Posted 05 September - PM. Everything you've said there sounds to me like an overly congested network, which in all why do windows updates download so slow free, should never occur in a rural area.

The only fix for that that I can think of would be the ISP throwing downloaf money dowbload the problem by supplying more bandwidth so that speeds wouldn't slow down to almost non existent.

If you're 3d driveguard download for windows 10 free to switch to another provider due to a limited budget, you're really at a disadvantage here. I see most of the problems even installing after a completed download to be internet speed related because even during the installation of downloaded updates, windows will contact the update server periodically, during which any contact attempt could stall the installation.

Sslow could try to relieve the installation issues by disconnecting the Internet from the machine completely before initiating an install attempt. Windows should recognise it is not connected the to the network and widnows attempt to phone home during the install.

Whether or not that will work I'm unsure, but it's worth a try. May I ask what you consider to be 'normal' Internet performance before it crawls down to why do windows updates download so slow free.

That all sounds about right to updxtes. One thing that has happened here is that an outside contractor came in to dowmload school-connected home WiFi in every home with children in the school K So the whole town is now bristling with their antennas. My ISP why do windows updates download so slow free they are interfering with his signal and apparently not willing to do anything about it.

I know he is very frustrated about that situation. He used to do all the school IT work until they went out and hired this other outfit to provide WiFi to every school child's home for remote learning. I have not been able to attend School Board meetings so I don't know much about the background of that aspect.

This is an unincorporated town updqtes about a thousand total inhabitants, most of them farm workers. We have one school K, surprisinglya fire station, a public library open I think 2 days a weeka post office, a general store mostly canned goodsa filling station with a tiny general store inside, a small but rather good Mexican restaurant, and at least 3 churches.

Also an Irrigation District and a separate Water District supplying domestic water. I live just over a mile outside the town, and about two miles from our WISP provider's signal relay equipment, which is feet above ground on an old unused water tower this area is a former lake bed, perfectly flat. I don't know how many why do windows updates download so slow free our Updatws has in the town, but I doubt it's more than a couple of dozen, if that.

I'm pretty sure Hughes has some customers here, and some people have direct satellite ViaSat, formerly Wild Blue. Not sure what else. As for "normal" Internet speeds, I could in theory be getting Mbps if I wanted to pay for it; what I am actually subscribed for is 12 down, 3 up. In the morning I might actually get 10, by midday maybe half of that, and in the evening it is really marginal with frequent short or not so short outages.

I am told I'm getting worse service than other subscribers, updatess of my exact physical location, and I am paying a discounted rate to compensate. Is it satisfactory? Of course not. All connections from router to devices are WiFi only -- the 25 foot distance is necessary to keep the WiFi signal strength where it needs udpates be, about minus 45 dBm. I understand I might get higher downloadd by direct wiring. I could easily connect the desktop computer to the router by cat 7 cable -- in fact the cable is in place, приведу ссылку only to be plugged in.

I operated the system for quite a while months with the cable plugged in, читать I can't say it was notably faster that way than it is now. I went back and forth looking for a difference, and didn't find it.

   

 

- Why do Windows 10 updates often make the system slower? - Quora



    Our wildlife is also something I love about this country, although is a constant source of amusement to me when people come and expect to see kangaroos hopping around the airports.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Linux Downloads.Download Kali Linux for Windows 10, 7, 8/ (64 bit/32 bit)

Microsoft Word Download for Free - Latest Version.